Tips for completing the IBM application process
Top Tips for applying to IBM
So now you know the process, what are we actually looking for? Here are our core eight competencies. Think about whether, and how, you can demonstrate them.
- How do you cope with changing demands and stress? Are you flexible? Have you successfully completed several projects with competing deadlines?
- Do you present information clearly, precisely and succinctly? Adapt the way you communicate to your audience? And listen to others?
- Can you see a situation from a client’s viewpoint, whether that’s colleagues or customers? Can you anticipate their needs?
Creative Problem Solving
- Do you use ingenuity, supported by logical methods and analysis, to propose solutions? Can you anticipate problems? Do you put forward innovative ideas?
- Will you proactively learn new skills – even if they’re beyond the scope of your current job? Will you put in the time and energy needed to achieve results?
- How do you work with others to achieve shared goals? Do you easily build relationships with others? Are you a team player?
Passion for IBM
- Do you know what IBM does and what our most recent achievements are? Are you up to speed with the latest trends in our industry? What are the biggest challenges we face? (You’ll need the facts at your fingertips and the enthusiasm to match.)
- Do you take responsibility for tasks/decisions? And implement decisions with speed? Can you show when you’ve worked to correct your mistakes?