Enhanced Customer Data Repository
There are three basic steps that need to be followed in order to prepare your z/VSE data.
- Gather diagnostic data.
- Your IBM SSR will inform you what diagnostic data is required.
- Your IBM SSR will provide you with a Problem Management Record number (PMR). Write this down.
- Compress data
- All diagnostic data delivered electronically to IBM must be in a compressed or packed format following the IBM file naming convention. Use the IBM file naming convention as shown below. This will be provided to you by your IBM SSR.
- All diagnostic data delivered electronically to IBM must be in fixed binary format.
- VSE users may send dumps from the VSE dump library to IBM. To send a standalone dump residing on a SADUMP tape or disk, use the Interactive User Interface dialogue
Storage Dump Management to add dumps from tape or disk to the dump library.
- File naming convention: xxxxx.bbb.ccc.yyy.zzz
- Example: 43123.055.724.supsvadump.bin (PMR_#.branch_office_#.country_code_#.file_description.bin)
||Branch office number
||Short description of the file
- Send data
- Send data to IBM using the most appropriate method. The preferred method is FTP.
- Your IBM SSR will inform you what directory to use.
- You should use your workstation to transfer the data.